What’s This All About?
A Dive-In Movie
What’s scarier than watching Jaws? Watching Jaws from an inner tube at night in the misty waters of the Mullica River! What lurks below? Who knows and we hope you won’t find out! Not a swimmer? Not a problem, you can also watch from land! More info about tickets below.
Where's My Ticket?
There are two ways to watch Jaws After Dark at Sweetwater Riverdeck: from land or from the water. For safety purposes, we will only be selling 300 tickets for in-water viewing so if that’s what your heart desires, be sure to stop by Sweetwater Riverdeck as soon as possible so you do not miss out on this awesome experience! Not a swimmer, not a problem? We are also selling on-land viewing tickets. All tickets will be available for purchase at Sweetwater Riverdeck starting Friday, June 8th at 5pm for $5 each.
When and Where?
At Sweetwater Riverdeck, we celebrate the 4th of July all week long! Jaws After Dark will take place on Monday, July 2nd. We’ll open at 4pm and showtime will be shortly after dark. Sweetwater Riverdeck’s gates will close at 8:30pm and no additional patrons will be permitted in.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Our first year offering Jaws After Dark, we had a much larger turn out than we expected and so naturally, we had some hiccups. This year we have made many improvements to the plan and we are ready for an awesome night, but in order to make it the best it can be, we urge you to take a minute or two to read the tips and tricks we have prepared below!
Tips and Tricks For A Great Night
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the ticket situation? Last year, it got very crowded in the water.
- We totally agree! You live and you learn. This year we have put a cap on the amount of people that will be permitted in the water for safety purposes. If you would like to watch from the water, act fast! We will only be selling 300 water tickets. The tickets will be available for purchase at Sweetwater Riverdeck beginning June 8th. If you would rather watch from land, those tickets are also available at the Riverdeck. All tickets are $5.
- Can I bring my kids?
- Not this year! We want to keep everyone safe so this is a 21+ event. Those under 21+ will be turned away at the door. BUT… We will be playing Disney’s Moana the following night (July 3rd) if you would like to return with your family for that.
- What kind of tube should I plan to bring?
- Only round one-person inter-tubes will be permitted in the water this year. Novelty tubes, kayaks, canoes and multi-person tubes/rafts are prohibited.We love those gigantic duck and swan tubes, BUT last year many people had trouble seeing over these types of tubes and it also limited our lifeguard’s view of the water.
- Will you have an air compressor on site for me to blow up my tube with?
- Yes, we will have an air compressor station where you can blow up your tube for $1. If you are able to blow your tube up at home, please do so. This will help us cut down on lines.
- Can I bring a lawn chair to watch the movie from?
- If you plan to watch from land, we will have plenty of seating available. Lawn chairs are prohibited.
- Can I bring my own cooler full of snacks and drinks for the movie? I sneak in snacks at the theater!
- No need! We’ll have plenty of foods and drinks available at The Riverdeck. Our bar will be fully stocked and ready for your business. We also will have a sick Deep Eddy’s Vodka trailer on site for some extra pizzazz! While we will have a limited menu for the night (as opposed to the Riverdeck’s full menu,) there will still be plenty of great options. Hot dogs, burgers, nachos, popcorn, etc. Outside food and personal coolers are prohibited. Any confiscated liquor will be graciously put aside for our end of the summer staff party!
- Is this rain or shine?
- You bet! A little rain won’t stop our party; however, if the weather becomes dangerous, we will have to make a change in plans.
Jaws After Dark